Berea Church of Christ Leadership
Berea Church of Christ is blessed to have a leadership team who are truly dedicated to Christ and accomplishing His will. Following are brief bio's of our leadership team and their qualifications for ministry.
Jason G. Denton has been a member of Berea Church of Christ since 2000 with his wife Rachel. Jason was blessed with the opportunity to serve for several years as the deacon assigned to Benevolence and the Food Pantry. He has four children actively involved in the church. Jason is also proud to serve as a partner at the law firm of Rochelle, McCulloch and Aulds, PLLC.
Mike’s career history includes over 45 years of providing professional accounting services. He moved his public accounting practice to Lebanon, Tennessee in 1979 and developed a substantial accounting and tax practice there prior to merging with KraftCPAs in 1997. At that time, Mike became the member in charge of KraftCPAs Lebanon office. He retired from KraftCPAs and became a financial advisor with Raymond James Financial Services located at Wilson Bank & Trust in 2003. Mike retired from Wilson Bank & Trust/Raymond James Financial Services in 2020.
Mike has assisted many small business owners and individuals with significant net worth in developing comprehensive financial and estate plans. He has worked with several religious and educational organizations in establishing major planned charitable giving programs.
Mike graduated from Middle Tennessee State University in 1974 with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and was licensed by the Tennessee State Board of Accountancy as a Certified Public Accountant in 1976. He received his designation as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®) from the International Board of Standards and Practices for Certified Financial Planners in 1991 after passing an exam covering five segments of personal financial planning: insurance/risk management, investment, tax, retirement and estates. Mike received his Series 7, Series 66, life and health licenses in 2003. Mike received his designation as a PERSONAL FINANCIAL SPECIALIST (PFS) from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants in 2006.
Mike has been active in the following civic and professional organizations:
· co-founder & past President, Exchange Club of Lebanon
· past Vice Chairman, board of directors, Friendship Christian School
· past treasurer, board of directors, Hearthside at Castle Heights Retirement Center
· past board member, Humana McFarland Hospital
· past member, Wilson Bank & Trust Advisory Board (two terms)
· past member, Wilson County Vision 2000 Committee
· past board member, International Association of Financial Planers for Middle Tennessee
· past member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
· member, Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants, retired
· past board member, Financial Planning Association of Middle Tennessee
· past member, Estate Planning Council of Nashville
· past board member, past President, Rotary Club of Lebanon, Tennessee
· founder & past President, board member, Rotary Club of Lebanon Foundation, Inc.
· past Elder, Maple Hill church of Christ, Lebanon, Tennessee (1990 to 2010)
· Elder & adult Sunday School teacher, Berea church of Christ, Lebanon, Tennessee
Mike was regularly invited to speak to various business, church and civic groups. His talks covered matters related to winning institutional investment strategies, tax-wise charitable giving, how to grow businesses while improving the quality of life, and comprehensive planning for income, estate and gift taxes.
Tim has been worshipping at Berea since 1990. He was baptized into the Lord’s church when he was 13 years old. He is involved in the audio/visual component and enjoys learning about new and meaningful ways of presenting the “Good News”. Tim graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing enjoys music and coaching basketball and baseball.
He met his wife Carol at Berea and has five wonderful children. Carol is an elementary school teacher and has taught since graduating from Middle Tennessee State University in 1996. She has worshipped at Berea her entire life and has taught various age groups in bible school classes over the years. She also enjoys coaching volleyball, basketball, and baseball.